Killed my "chin"

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think moving the cage may stress out baby even more... some chins can get real stressed out and get soft poops with changes in their environment. Plus, considering the loss of his cagemate, he is probably already a little stressed out and confused, so I agree it would be better to just keep him in a cool and quiet place.

I am so sorry for your loss.

DON'T be so hard on yourself you do deserve your babies. You just learn to take extra care next time. It'll be ok Cheer up if you need someone to talk to i'm a great listener you can pm me or write me anytime!

I definitely think moving the cage will cause more confusion to your chin as he now would have to get used to a new environment. Just spend time with your chin.

I personally know how easy a chin can slide underneath a door. I also know how easy it is for them to escape. The one night I was worried that Aiko got into my closet, I opened the door and instead of sliding things, picked them up and set them outside and looked, but she was under my bed, come to find out.

I'm very sorry for your loss, I've done stupid things before but never lost a chin because of it. Just learn from this, love baby double, don't make any more big changes like moving the cage. Good luck with baby.

I am so sorry for your loss of Meesha. I KNOW how sad you are feeling. We lost our Gus yesterday as well.

RIP
Meesha & Gus
May they jump together at the rainbow bridge.

"BABY" and I are watching American Idol and just chilling!!!! So SAD without Meesha. Trying my Best.
Thanks again for All the Replies and Feedback.

Sincerely
Ginnie

Don't be too hard on yourself. Most of us have all done stupid things before we learned. It took me a good three years of researching online to feel comfortable with my chinnie knowledge and I know there is still PLENTY more for me to learn. Take your time to grieve, take extra time to read as many posts as you can to learn as much as you can. Once you and Baby have had time to recover from this tragedy, then you can start preparing to get Baby a possible companion.

I think if Baby is use to having chinnie companionship, then it would do her good to have it. Chins can get depressed at the loss of a friend. I took in one chin that was very depressed over the loss of his mate. He came to us and we eventually found him the perfect cagemate. He was a completely different chin after that. They now have a wonderful new home together, and from what I hear, they couldn't be happier.

It is sad to lose a chin, just learn from this experience, and you will surely make a great chin-parent to another chin needing a good home.

I'm so sorry for your loss and can't begin to imagine how horrible you must feel.

As to chinchillas being able to open closed doors. They can and will. I witnessed my two chinchillas open a cabinet door (no knob) one day during playtime in my bathroom.

I was wondering how you are holding up...

I am very sorry from you loss and hope we can all learn from this mistake...:hug2:

Back