Kids!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tams

I have a 3.5 year old son who just ADORES our new lil creatures. Every night he feeds him timothy hay and pellets out of his hands, and can't wait to get home to see his "Chichi-yaya's" as he calls them! He gets sooo excited to watch them eat with their lil hands and thinks it "soooo toot!" So for the past week, all I have heard from my son is "Chichiyaya's are soooo toooot!"

Awww! My youngest really loves the chins. The others like to play with them but Kendyl (who will be 5 next week) is the one who likes to help feed, water, weigh, whatever. When I got my first two chins, she called them "enchiladas". LOL!

I have yet to name them, have a poll up for names and even with the votes, I'm still torn! haha. But I'm now thinking of naming one ChiChi (how original lol) and YaYa

How cute.

I have My two girls 5 and almost 3 are all about our chins as well... The only thing I've had issues with is convincing them that during the day they don't want to come out and play. :) Thankfully the complete obsession has died down a bit ;)

Awww! My youngest really loves the chins. The others like to play with them but Kendyl (who will be 5 next week) is the one who likes to help feed, water, weigh, whatever. When I got my first two chins, she called them "enchiladas". LOL!

LOL!!!! enchiladas!!

Chichi and Yayas is perfect! :thumbsup: Both of my girls name all the pets in the house.

my son is 9 now, but when we first got richie he just turned 4 or 5 and richie was in his room. now he will sit in the bathroom with some of them during playtime, and he loves helping with thier cages at night during the weekends (since i usually start cleaning around 11!). he used to call them chinchillers.

When we first got chins my son called them wabbits. He would giggle before he said it cause he knew they weren't rabbits, it was too cute! Then he started calling them chinchauns. I love tiny people speak! So much fun! :hearts:

I love the idea of kids being introduced to animals and taught to love and respect them from a young age. I also love hearing stories about responsible adults who take the time to watch over them while interacting it really is inspiring. All too often we hear stories about the kids who arent monitored and harm animals : ( or adults nonethe less!

Back