Jealous Chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valkyrian_knight

So I think the reason my mother/daughter duo haven't warmed up to me is because the single chin gets so jealous when I tend to the mom/daughter. When I stick my hand in the mom/daughter cage, the single chin tries to get my attention and sometimes chatters on her teeth, (which I'm told means their agitated.)

Their cages are about a foot away but they never seem like they are stressing each other out. Should I put the cages out of view each other? I put them close so they got use to each others smell.

If you move the cages, they will still know the other is around. Which did you have first and how long has/have the new chin(s) been around?

I have Little Two Paws (intact male) in a small cage on top of Mr. Whiskers and The Snuggler, both of whom are neutered and a bonded pair.

Mr. Whiskers is always VERY interested when I give LTP any attention, while The Snuggler is like the Honey Badger -- "Honey Badger don't care, Honey Badger don't give a $hiite"!!!

Since Whiskers is my firstborn Son and the dominant one, I always try to give him any attention/treats first, just to reinforce with him that he IS #1.

Last edited:
Back