Jackie Chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazicat

While at the California show last weekend we decided to take home a beautiful violet boy. Poor guy had a cage mate who attacked him and damaged his fur so he wasn't able to be shown. Luckily the only permanent damage is to his ears and he doesn't seem to mind. Sadly the first night with us we gave him a hanging fleece hut that he wet and it dried on the tips of his fur. He's getting dust baths daily but I think tonight we are going to try and brush it out.

The little guy is also really shy and hard to get a good picture of. I didn't take many but wanted people who appreciate how wonderful it is to have a baby to hear.

Edgar and Oscar are also wonderful. They now both have FN 142s because they are both pretty dominant. Oscar also has a habit of putting us into trances when he get scratches as we leave. I almost missed the bus to school yesterday. Edgar is a clown who still acts like he's a kit even though he's going to be 2 this year. Gotta love these guys.

Attachments

• Jackie 2.jpg
    Jackie 2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Jackie B.jpg
    Jackie B.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Jackie A.jpg
    Jackie A.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Oscar and Edgar 1.jpg
    Oscar and Edgar 1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 79
oh how adorable! he looks pretty young, can I ask how old he is? and i definitely agree, I just got a new baby and I love falling asleep listening to her run around her cage and making cute little baby squeaks. congrats!

Thank you! I think violets are really pretty too. Jackie is a real sweetie but is going to take time to just adjust to his new home. Thankfully he's eating, drinking and pooping. He also looks better since we got most of the yucky stuff off him.

Jackie is just a baby to us and will be two years old this April. If he didn't have a pedigree we wouldn't have had any way to know his age.

We've overcome a major hurdle today! Jackie came out of the cage on his own and seems so much happier than his first few days. I'm really surprised by such a quick come around so we are going to still take things slow and only let him out of the cage when he wants to. I hope now we will get to see what his little personality is like. We're hoping he comes out of his shell like Oscar did and be a spoiled brat.

Sandi, I just saw your avatar and your baby is adorable.

I swear I posted to this thread... Anyhoo, your new little boy is adorable. Congrats! I can see why you weren't able to resist. And his name cracks me up! :laughitup:

What a handsome new addition! I have to stay away from chin shows...I know I'd ending taking at least one home :p

We love our boys and appreciate all the wonderful compliments.

Jackie is continuing to adjust and loves his out time. Continued baths and him grooming himself has also done wonders for his fur. I think he's getting a new coat because he looks better everyday and I know his breeders took good care of him.

Jackie's either going to be a shyer and quieter boy than our others or it's going to take more time for him to fully come out of his shell. I think we are just starting to see the real Jackie and am hoping he gets as bold as our others. I'd rather have a happy spaz than a calm scared chin.

And as required the update photos which will include one of Oscar and Edgar as well. Oscar's the mosaic and Edgar the ebony.

Attachments

• Jackie 1.jpg
    Jackie 1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Jackie 2.jpg
    Jackie 2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Jackie 4.jpg
    Jackie 4.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Edgar.jpg
    Edgar.jpg