Is your horse enjoying the Spring?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love horses and pictures! But it definitely adds fuel to my fire. I want one so bad, but realistically, it won't be ideal for a few years. SO anyways, thanks for sharing!

I'm sorry to those who have lost a horse. Genie coliced at the end of April and gave us all quite a fright. It's a horrible feeling, losing a pet.

I board her as well. One day I'll have land for her!

Two of my fave pics of her after she had her baby.

2331-62.jpg

2331-37A.jpg

One I took last month of her.

IMG_2939.jpg

Lol at Megan's farting horses! I haven't heard that sound in a few years....their farts do sounds really big and funny, kinda like a whoppie cushion.

I still have to laugh whenever they try to get going in the small paddock and start farting. It really does sound like a whoppie cushion!!

Dug these up..thought i'd share.

Bella (2 year old TWH) this winter:

182702_1568055722605_1271818120_31274130_5526851_n.jpg

and Handsome my TB

handsome.jpg

For some reason I don't have a good picture of Lady on the computer. Will have to get one when I update the pictures!

I do not, Lovin. She weighs a ton (literally, lol) and I don't want to put that much pressure on her forelegs jumping her. It isn't something I'm super interested in so I wouldn't chance or risk hurting her. One of my girlfriends has 2 draft crosses and they both have a lot of issues, especially being as young as they are. However, we are currently learning dressage together, she's a pretty mover (after she gets done rolling). Here is a small clip I took of her yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwFUycOCHrk

All of your horses are gorgeous, I could look at horses all day long!

I love it when horses roll! They look like they are in heaven :) It looks like that spot is made just for rubbing the dirt in too!!
I looked at your video of her first day home and she is certainly a big girl!! The taller the better in my opinion ;) I bet she does move great for dressage, and that is a hard sport - if you ever get any video of her I would love to see it!
I've been working on jumping my lady, but its been hard with finishing up school, she ends up getting too much time off and we have to start all over LOL
Did you keep her foal?

Super jello. I can't wait till I can have horses. I would honestly rather have my chin children and some paint geldings out in the pasture coming away...let's face it, I want a zoo. :laughitup:

Its fun having a zoo. I have a zoo, it will only be complete when Shady's home though! I have 3 dogs, 6 cats, 6 rats (and 14 babies!), 6 chinchilla, 5 cockatiels, 2 conures... did I forget anyone?? No I think that may be all... lol

I didn't. Genie was my first and taking her on and a foal would have been too hard. So the previous owner and I worked out a deal.

Jumping looks like fun... occasionally. A lot of the girls at my barn are jumpers, I just don't think I'd be good at it. Yes, you definitely have to keep up with it or else it's like you're teaching them all over again. When do you graduate?

Holy cow, Envy, that is a zoo!

Horses are definitely kickin' it up here, was out taking pics last weekend. Getting pretty hot though, they're starting to slow down. I miss Kermit a lot, but have kept in touch with his new owner. I've rescued/rehabbed two horses since and found them new homes. First pic is My friend's herd with my last rehab project, a walkaloosa. L to R Paint, percheron, Huckleberry and QH.

First project was a lovely (but starved) little mare I named Penny. Pic was before she left last fall.

And of course, Kermit - who still holds the record for the roughest/worst gaits I've ever encountered. :p

Cripes Envy, that's a lot of critters!

Attachments

• Horses1.jpg
    Horses1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Penny1.jpg
    Penny1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 98
  • KermitFlyMask.jpg
    KermitFlyMask.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 96
  • KermitMane.jpg
    KermitMane.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 97
Everyone's horses are too cute. I used to have a horse but had to rehome him when we moved about 4 years ago. Would love to have another one some day.

Well fenced was pushed back another day...they couldn't finish the last project friday... With all the rain we're having this weekend, and its supposed to continue into the week I have a feeling the fence will be pushed back longer.

Stupid rain needs to stop for a few days!!

And the seasons need to figure out which one to be! UGH! Its been running anywhere from low 50s up into the 90s... make up your mind already!!

I loved looking at everyone's horse pictures all are so pretty. Mine are also enjoying the spring and the grass. I don't have any pictures of them from recent times, though my 20 something QH decided to be a young thing on our ride the other day and give me some fun bucks as well as a take off, which I normally have trouble getting her to go into a trot...LOL They sure have a mind of their own!

Fence was FINALLY finished on Thursday. Once the weather decided to hold out, they made great time. If anyone in eastern PA is looking at getting a new fence...I highly reccomend eches fencing!

The horses are enjoying the fact that they can get out there and run!

Here is a recent picture of Bella, the brat. She just turned two this month. She is a TWH.

Bella3.jpg

Lady, Bellas mom(also a TWH). She turned 19 this month ( I was off by a year :p).

lady1.jpg

And my baby Handsome, he will be 11 this year and is a retired racer.

handsome2.jpg

Of course all the pictures are in their small, muddy paddock and not the nice green grass filled ones!

Back