Is this good ok for my hedgie?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

camilam

My Innova was over so I today I went to a nearby store and all I could find was Whiskas. Is that dry food ok for Espin? If not I'll just go and buy another one right now

Also, which treats can I offer? I bought some mealworms but they were dead and came in a can, which got full of fungus or something :/ and i just dont think I can't touch alive mealwords D:
any suggestion for a treat they really like? :)

It is best to keep them on a good wholesome ingredient food and not to change suddenly to another food. Innova is good (low fat), hopefully you can find it again. Whiskas is poor quality unfortunately. Never feed anything that has gone bad of course. I thought I couldn't touch live mealworms too, but now I don't have a problem (never hurts to try). A sampling of other foods such as unseasoned cooked chicken, unseasoned fresh cooked salmon (not from a can) and steamed carrot or broccoli are also good for hedgies. Some will also eat a little banana, melon or papaya. With all new foods, a small amount only and watch for any adverse reactions.

Whiskas is not a very good quality food for cats - so I'm sure you would want something better for your hedgie...I use Chicken Soup for the Soul Cat Lovers Adult Light

Back