is it okay...?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbbbreekachu

okay, so when i bought poe, i also bought everything else that i know he absolutely needed, including a little house for him to sleep him. the first two days at my house, he used it and slept in it a lot but now he doesn't sleep in it at all. he was sleeping just on the bottom level of his cage anywhere but now he's taken to sleeping on the little wooden ledge at the very top of his cage. i'm just curious as to why he isn't using his house and if that's normal?

My guys switches his sleeping spot every 2-3 days. Totally normal. Eventually he'll go back to it. I know if I don't clean fur out from inside his house, he refuses to sleep in it until I do. Strange creatures! :)

If he's sleeping out in the open more it probably just means he feels more comfortable in his surroundings. It's a good thing. He'll probably still run to his hidey house if he's scared, which is really what it's there for, to hide in. My boys sleep all over their cage.

We did the same and bought a little house for our Bella. I've never seen her go into it for more than about a minute, and she's never slept in it. She just sleeps out in the open. They are all unique...

I recently put in a hidey house that hangs near the top of her cage, and it was an instant hit. Now Frida never goes near her little house on the floor, except to chew on it.

I'd imagine being a prey animal, there's a certain instinctual comfort in sleeping up high.

my chin sleeps on the ledge 95 percent the time ,he just chews all his houses ,hes had 3 new ones in just 4 months ,hes an active boy lol and very distructive with all woods houses and hay houses ,x

Back