Is he excited to see me?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdr13

So I found this little boy chinchilla outside @ a hospital by my house about a month or so ago. Anywayz, I took him to my amazing vet and she said he was just fine, just had a little problem with one of his arms (nerve damage or something like that). So, his name is Fleury and he is the SWEETEST boy ever! He loves being pet and held and everything. My question is, when i put my hand in his cage to pet him after I haven't seen him all day, he like huddles up to my hand and then very very lightly nibbles all over my hand. It doesn't hurt at all, it tickles really. And sometimes he shakes. Is he just excited to see me? Thanks for ur help in advance!

Um....yeah, you could say that he's excited to see you. Don't be surprised if he gifts you with a bit of wetness one of these times. There are some male chins who decide that their human's body parts are appropriate for mating with. I believe that is what he is doing.

OH no! Not my little boy!....he has a little "buddy" in his cage but I've never seen him hump it (or anything for that matter). He hasn't humped me yet and I hope for my sake he does! :laughitup:

what is with all these chins at random places!? outside a hospital?! in a parking lot?! geez...what is wrong with people!!

Well I am certainly very glad you found the little guy. And...from personal experience, its a strange experience when your little boy chin starts exploring his sexuality...just be prepared because if he latches on to your arm one day, it won't be easy to get him to let go. and i have also learned, just because you don't see him humping his little "buddy" doesn't mean he doesn't! heh

Pericles used to do this to my hand and I have a few other boys here who do it occasionally too. Some male chins find human hands appropriately chin-sized for mounting or just shuffling up to and positioning themselves...

Yes, you could say your boy is excited to see you... :laughitup:

My VERY lovey male chin does this also, but he's never humped my hand. I believe the little nibbles and teeth scrapes are his way of grooming my hand and arm in affection. Again, he's been doing this for several months with no other, ahem, frisky behavior indicating anything sexual. :)

I found one of my boys outside as well. I think we're finding them outside b/c they are little escape artists who have a way of getting out of their cages when they're not fastened properly or when they manage to chew through plastic etc. I've heard that some people purposely dump their chins as well which is really really sad.

Only one of my boys ever humped my hand, leg, foot and even my head and that was Pip, my outside boy and he only did that for the first year I had him. He's close to five now and is a perfect little gentleman who only nibbles me and sits nicely on my head. =)

Back