Is a cinnamon stick ok for a chin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calcaneus

Haven't ever tried it, but I just bought a cinnamon-scented decorative broom from Trader Joe's (never been tempted to buy anything like this in my life, I suspect the broom is flavoured with cinnamon oil and heroin!) and it made me wonder.

The broom itself is small pine twigs scented with essential oil of cinnamon, which I wouldn't imagine is a good idea for chins. However, it made me wonder about cinnamon bark. Would they be too likely to get splinters from it? I didn't see anything about cinnamon from a forum search - possibly because there are too many pie recipes and chins named Cinnamon out there!

No,no,no! Cinnamon will burn their mouth. All those decor items likely have lacquer and tiny insects. Just buy wood from a supplier here or follow instructions and prep your own wood

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting that I would give them bits of the broom, it's not intended for any type of animal to eat it.

Good to know that cinnamon bark will burn their mouth. I have bought a load of apple wood already prepped from someone on here, but buying the broom made me wonder whether chins would like the taste of cinnamon.

Back