Introducing Pi & Mo

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onutza

Hi! So today I introduced for the first time Pi and Mo to each other. They were very quietly ... without barking ... no biting ... neither chinchillas has shown any desire to fight or any signs of aggression ...just jumping and ...and sniffing each others nose :)) Although I do not know much about introducing chins I think they are liking each other ... What do you think?
I have uploaded a video here.. http://youtu.be/svqieqFze_8 I hope you have some time to see it ... if not ... I did some screensots.
Thank you very much :D

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 36
The chasing and jumping looks kind of like the precursor to a fight, but it's good that they don't actually start biting each other. I certainly wouldn't trust them to be alone together at this stage though.

Are they both males, or females?

They are both males... they live in separate cages....i don't let them play alone...only when i'm home...
last night i couldn't sleep because they were talking ...i think :D i found the sound in "chinchilla sounds resource" and it means "Calling". Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :-?
Thank you for your answer :dance3:

That video doesn't show fighting, but I would definitely be cautious and try not to leave them in a cage together or alone together yet. I was wondering the same thing as Newt. Are they males or females?

I think you can not see my posts on time. I think they appear later than I write. They are both males.
Yesterday I let them play again and they started to jump in a weird way. So I suspect it could be a fight. I put them back in their cages. They still make those sounds all night... i found the sounds in "chinchilla sounds resource" and they mean "Calling"and also "Chatter" That is a good thing or a bad thing? : -?
Thank you for your answer :thumbsup:

So ... pi has just madee some strange sounds ... while he was moving his tail in a weird way...he made with tail like a pretzel side to side very quickly.....I know that this is a sign of mating.
Now, considering that when I bought Mo they told me that he is a male .... but Pi makes this thing with his tail...is there any chance of Mo being a girl? :))) If not...why does Pi that ? (Pi is 100% male ...)

My boys think that they are each other's girlfriends and they do this too. Mine are both definitely males, and tail wagging usually leads to someone getting an extra bath because their cage mate got over excited. I think it's normal, especially if they are both young and in puberty stage.

Absolutely, it could also be a display of working out dominance. I would still do a search on the site for sexing and checking the gender just to be safe.

Thank you so much for your answers.
I can not check Mo because he does not let me handle him.
Anyway .. they do not live together yet and there is no danger of me wakeing up with some babies :))

If you can't confirm that mo is a male I wouldn't let them play until you are 100% positive. It only takes a quick second for them to mate.

Update! :D
We succeeded !
Pi & Mo are now friends, brothers and boyfriends sometimes :)))
Method: So , step 1 : I did not get them out of the cage at all. I divided the cage into 2 parts , so they can get used to each other . First times they argued a bit, but eventually they liked each other.
Step 2 : I used the " cage in cage " method . In the smaller cage lived Mo (he was more aggressive ) . When I saw that he doesn't want to bite Pi anymore I let him out in the big cage too ... about 5-10 minutes ( until they start chasing) . I tried this many times. I also put the sand bath insidee and gave them raisins when thay were sitting quietly next to each other .
Now finally they are friends. Not biting ... no chasing .
However, because of the stories I 've heard, I am not confident yet to leave them together when I 'm away from home or at night when I'm sleeping. I know they can always turn one against each other's .
It is a joy to see them stand together...scratching behind the ear and touching their noses like kissing :))
I uploaded some pictures ! Thanks again everyone for the tips !:dance3:

Attachments

• DSCN0032mod.jpg
    DSCN0032mod.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN0036mod.jpg
    DSCN0036mod.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN0040mod.jpg
    DSCN0040mod.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 11
Back