Infected Chinchilla Bite

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Takuraktty

One of my chins bit me for the first time today. She must've hit a capillary because I couldn't get it to stop for five minutes. Its now purple and twice the size of my the same finger on my other hand. Has anyone else had this happen?

Anyways now I get to spend tomorrow, Thanksgiving at the walk-in as its closed now.

Sounds like a deep bite. Bowie bit me the first time really deep on my index finger at the meaty top part. I still have a scar from it. It bled a lot and was sore for a few days after. If you think it's deep enough to need stitches or if you think there might be nerve damage I would definitely do urgent care or ER. Sorry you have to spend part of Turkey Day dealing with it. :yuck:

You should offer your chinchilla your knuckles only. :eek:. Well at least that's what I've done. My chinchillas have bit me quite often, but it's been at the knuckles so no damage is done :D.

For as many times as I've been bitten I have always just cleaned it up and went on my merry way lol. Had a nasty cut when I put my hands in to separate two fighting males, one landed a VERY deep cut. Threw some betadine on it bandaged it and that was that lol.

I have been bitten all the way through my finger before. Good deep chinchilla bites hurt prettty darn bad and seem uch worse than they are just because the teeth are soo sharp

My girl bit me one day and it bleed for about 5 minutes as well, and swelled up and turned purple. I just cleaned it after the bleeding stopped, put Bactine (sp) on it, and put a bandaid over it.
My parents keep telling me to go get stitches because it was deep enough, but I didnt.

Latest posts

Back