i'm not sure if I'm right

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As others have said, it appears to be a female, but could possibly be a *very* young male. How large is the chin compared to a full-grown adult?

I'm not much help, but that looks different than any of the 5 girls I own. The gap is much larger than on any of my females.

judging between my standard size (that guy when we got him said 1 month-which is poop, i think he was like 2-3) who's about to celebrate his 1st bday and my ebony's size who's round about 5months, this chin's in the middle, so we're guessing any where from 4-6 months...?

:update:

I just got back from the vet.

And "he" is actually a "she."

The vet said everything looks pretty fine, except for her ears/feet which are dried and chapped, etc. He either she had (some treatable thing I can't name, but wouldn't be much of a problem) or it was cause by the long term horrible condition she'd been exposed to- either way, he said if I continued to care for her the way I've been she'll be fine and her feet will improve.
He did notice she only has one toe nail. Her other nails have either fallen or broken off :puke: and with proper care, he says they may or may not grow back. =(( poor baby...
what sort of chargers against me could I look forward to if I go back to burn the place? Arson can't be that bad can it?
Her teeth also look really good for the lack of chew toys.

And as of right now, she's nesting very comfy in her dust bath, lol. :)

sorry for the bad pics, but all I had to work with was a cell phone

I agree with your vet...the slit on the cone is in different areas on the males versus the females. The first pic you took looked almost like a boy but the second set confirmed it was a girl for me. ;) good luck with fixing her the rest of the way from whatever place screwed her up to begin with!

Back