Ideas to keep fleece liner attached to cage??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kara315

I bought nice fleece liners for my cage, forgot to get something to secure them to the cage. I tried string, did it so they couldn't get to it, but only did it in the four corners and tigger keeps trying to get to the string and pull the fleece up. Are there any good ways to make they they stay put, but are easy enough for us to get off to clean them?
I switched back to bedding until i could figure out a good solution. I loved the way they looked and would hate to have to keep the bedding, I don't mind it though. But wondered how everyone else does it?
Thanks!

Ahhh the liner dilemma. If it's big enough I've seen people use the clips and such to hook it to the pan, I've also seen people use magnets, but usually they put them on the inside. Don't know if you could possibly tack them onto the bottom somehow?

Metal binder clips are great for clipping the liners to the pan! Just get the big ones that are made to hold pretty thick stacks of papers. Let us know what works for ya.

All of my cages have the metal bass pans so when I throw a clean liner in I put a hidey house in one corner to weigh it down and the other corners have a chin chiller on it to weigh it down. There's no need for clips in my case.

I have a house in one corner, a chin chiller in another, the pee pan in one, and a patio paver up front by the door. My boys tried to pull it up the first week, but now I've had fleece in there for about a month. They don't try to pull it up at all anymore. They seemed to realize that it's soft and comfy now.

I tuck their hidey house into the corner they pull up. They leave the rest of the corners alone, so I don't have this problem - yet.

I've read other posts where some use velcro under the liner to secure the liner to the pan. You can get peel and stick velcro and either stick it to the fleece or sew it there. I prefer finding heavy things like the others that replied. My Miesha loves to fiddle with velcro. He chews everything.

I tried velcro years ago - industrial strength velcro at that - to secure some metal pee guards to the back of my shelves, and Amy could pull it off easy as pie. :p

I have the Bass Pans as well, and just put hutches and a heavy crock and such on top of the liners. MOST days they leave them alone, but sometimes they still get a wild hair and shove the liners around at night. I figure it's entertainment for them, and just straighten it out again in the morning.

I'll try the clips. I did try velcro but tigger just pulled it off lol. If for some reason he gets clever, would the magnets or clips hurt them if they chewed on them?

I have to put binder clips on the boys' liner to clip it to the pan and use a piece of tile on one side of the cage, or Moshi will still pull the clips off and borrow in the liner, lol.

I have to put binder clips on the boys' liner to clip it to the pan and use a piece of tile on one side of the cage, or Moshi will still pull the clips off and borrow in the liner, lol.

That is most likely what Tigger would probably do. I have to go out and buy a food bowl that attaches to the cage tonight, I switched to a nice ceramic bowl, but every now and then, he likes to pull it across the bottom and it either turns over or gets the better in it. And he likes to occasionally shove it off the ledges if I dare put it up there lol.

Back