I Really Need a Way to Attach Playpen to Cage please help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan50

We recently bought a cage that the entrance door is higher up in the middle and having trouble looking for one that's about the entrance height. We need a way to attach playpen to its cage. What can we do? We cannot release chinchilla inside the house and we really need a way at all in any way. Here's a pic of its cage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 17
How about blocking the part from the shelf to floor with cardboard or similar. Then you could use one of the wire panel playpens and attach it to the cage with zipties. A simple ramp or even proper height boxes from the door to the floor can let chinnie go in and out of cage. Always remember to keep an eye out when they are out for playtimes. These little buggers can find a way to get in trouble quick!

How about blocking the part from the shelf to floor with cardboard or similar. Then you could use one of the wire panel playpens and attach it to the cage with zipties. A simple ramp or even proper height boxes from the door to the floor can let chinnie go in and out of cage. Always remember to keep an eye out when they are out for playtimes. These little buggers can find a way to get in trouble quick!

All I understand is the part with playpen and attach it with zip ties. Besides that, I'm confused. Do you have a picture or anything so I'll get the idea?

I understand about attaching the playpen with the zip ties but I'm confused about the cardboard part like how I can do those process? Do you have a photo or anything you could show me so I'll understand?

Someone please help, if he cannot use the playpen then he's just gonna be in the cage rest of his life. Would buying playpen and out around the cage work as well it would it fall down to the floor?

I've just used panel type fencing and have it wrap around the whole cage. If you use multiple fences that link together you can make it as big as you want. I used 2 two foot high fences here, my guys don't seem to realize they can jump over it. Use higher fencing if they know they can jump.
IMG_03282_zps62lmt4ge.jpg

Old pic but you should get the idea.

Someone please help, if he cannot use the playpen then he's just gonna be in the cage rest of his life. Would buying playpen and out around the cage work as well it would it fall down to the floor?

I don't think anyone is clear on just what exactly you are asking about.... please try to make more sense and perhaps you will get more helpful answers. The post above has about all of the information you really NEED to figure this out, it's clear you're just not trying.

I've just used panel type fencing and have it wrap around the whole cage. If you use multiple fences that link together you can make it as big as you want. I used 2 two foot high fences here, my guys don't seem to realize they can jump over it. Use higher fencing if they know they can jump.

Where can I get this kind of fence online about this same height on the photo? I'm having hard time finding it.

What can I use in order to attach the playpen and the cage together with? I tried using the silver hook but the hook was too big and so I wasn't able to clip it on the cage on the side.

I just looped the fencing all the way around the cage, that way they can't get out even under the cage. I'm not sure why you want to attach it to the cage, what would be the point? The cage you posted as having you'd need to somehow block the back and sides of the cage anyway, so just looping the pen fencing all the way around the cage like I did in the pic, seems the most logical, you just need more panels (which is why I bought two pens instead of one). If you just don't want the chin pushing the pen around too much just hook the pen to the cage with some metal carabiner clips or something like that. I have no idea what silver hook you are referring to so I can't help you there.

Back