I got this hay hidey house from Petco and it came with...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monarch

The Chinchilla Maid...
little stuffed 'tubes' that supposedly "promote natural chewing instinct" and is a "great tasty natural snack". Could you chinchilla masters please educate me on if this is acceptable for ingestion?

Attachments

• tube.JPG
    tube.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 92
  • PICT0251.jpg
    PICT0251.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I looked at those at petco, since the one I saw was a cardboard tube with the ingrediants "glued" to it I personally did not want them eating the cardboard to get to the ingrediants, I passed.

I don't know, better safe to not feed it. Said it came from China, and anything made in China makes me wonder...

I saw those and wanted to sort of do something similar...so I stuffed hay and apple twigs into cut up pieces of the tube left over from my wrapping paper. TA-DA!
I'm going to hang them from my kabob tonight. Today all I found was one large-ish chuck of the cardboard left, so apparently it was a hit.

I feel that 90% of items sold at pet stores are not safe for chinchillas, or any pets,. When I do go in and walk down the isles I find more that is a danger or not healthy than is good

I feel that 90% of items sold at pet stores are not safe for chinchillas, or any pets,. When I do go in and walk down the isles I find more that is a danger or not healthy than is good

Yeah, and I was surprised at the sales rep. He was trying to sell me a death ball....:banghead: I schooled him on that one though :hair:

The reason I went is because my friend got a job at petco, and he offered me their employee discount. It's a great deal and I was able to pick up a few things I needed (I can get toys in the bird section), and I got a few accessories for my tarantulas. I was wanting a little hay holder anyways, and it -did- save me on shipping.

Nope. A better alternative might be a toilet paper roll stuffed with timmy hay with a rose hip or cheerio (whatever your occasional treats are) hidden in the middle. Fold the ends like you're closing a coin roll and there you have it! Christmas Cracker, chinny style. :D

Nope. A better alternative might be a toilet paper roll stuffed with timmy hay with a rose hip or cheerio (whatever your occasional treats are) hidden in the middle. Fold the ends like you're closing a coin roll and there you have it! Christmas Cracker, chinny style. :D

oooo I like it!

Ooops. All my chins have those hay rolls. They love them. They don't eat them, though. They just like to shred them up and sleep in them. I suppose I should take them away now :(

Back