I am surprised that he is OK!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuddlebug

Wednesday evening, I got an email from a man is San Bernardino. He said that they found a chinchilla in their "porch" and did not know what to do with it. I went right away to pick up the little one. It was in the mid 90's at the time and the chinchilla was found outside. When I got there, he had the chinchilla is a plastic trash can with a bowl of water and some carrots. The trash can was in an air conditioned part of the house. The little thing was soaking wet, but bright and alert. I was really expecting to see a very sick or dieing chinchilla and am so happy that is not the case. The chinchilla is with me now and I am trying to find its owner. How this little one survived outside in 90 + temps is beyond me.

Wednesday evening, I got an email from a man is San Bernardino. He said that they found a chinchilla in their "porch" and did not know what to do with it. I went right away to pick up the little one. It was in the mid 90's at the time and the chinchilla was found outside. When I got there, he had the chinchilla is a plastic trash can with a bowl of water and some carrots. The trash can was in an air conditioned part of the house. The little thing was soaking wet, but bright and alert. I was really expecting to see a very sick or dieing chinchilla and am so happy that is not the case. The chinchilla is with me now and I am trying to find its owner. How this little one survived outside in 90 + temps is beyond me.

Oh wow I am so glad the chinchilla was found and not running around in the streets that is so scary I cant imagine a poor chin outside !

a chilla wouldnt survive very long in my neck of the woods. well depending on if it was out in the woods or in the suburbs. it ether get hit by a car/ or quickly killed by a predator. :(

So happy this chin was found before he was subjected to more high temperatures! I'm guessing he wasn't lost for too long since he appears to be in good shape. Best of luck trying to find his owner!

He's still doing really well. In fact, he gain 17 grams overnight. I guess he likes the feed I use. This little guy is really sweet. He just lets me pick him up when ever I feel like it. Doesn't even try to run and loves to be held. He likes kisses, too.

He's still doing really well. In fact, he gain 17 grams overnight. I guess he likes the feed I use. This little guy is really sweet. He just lets me pick him up when ever I feel like it. Doesn't even try to run and loves to be held. He likes kisses, too.

Aww, What a good outcome. Are you planning on keeping him if you don't find the owner?
I wonder how he got out, or if someone just abandoned him. If your able to, I hope he stays, that way he's with someone who cares and knows what they are doing. he seems like such a sweet boy.

Back