I am so proud

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayyne

This is such a dumb thread...but I'm so proud of myself because I trimmed Percy's nails for the first time :) That was scary and I got poked a whole lot, but...they're done!
A couple on the back were super long. I bet he'll be feeling better without those!

:clap1:

That's not dumb, trimming hedgehog nails has caused many a new owner a lot of stress. And a lot of not so new owners too.

Yes! I still get stressed. Nail trimming is the only thing about having a hedgie that I really dislike. The rest is cool. :)

I have the absolute HARDEST time trimming Mace. Khaki, surprisingly since she is such a huffypants, is easier to trim. Good job!!!

YAY, i only trimmed Filberts nails for the first time ever last week (I took him to the vet before, 5€ a pop) I was SO nervous!

Well done!

Yes! I still get stressed. Nail trimming is the only thing about having a hedgie that I really dislike. The rest is cool. :)

Uh huh. I keep telling one of mine that if she doesn't sit still, and doesn't stop pushing her nose against the clippers that I'm going to clip her nose off instead. She doesn't listen though and makes me work hard to "steal" her nails.

Nail trimming is very stressful, I agree! Once you find a method that works, it is so relieving... I remember when I was able to trim Hallertau's nails the first time - I just had to share with everyone I knew. They weren't hedgie people, so they didn't quite get it. That's why it's great to have a forum like this share your successes in.

Back