How old is your oldest?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old is your oldest hedgehog?

• less than 2

Votes: 13 48.1%

Votes: 1 3.7%

Votes: 2 7.4%

Votes: 4 14.8%

Votes: 3 11.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11+

• Total voters

Jeanette

From Q to H
First! Yay! First thread in the poll section!

How old is your oldest hedgehog? The chinnie side has a thread just like this one and I thought it would be fun to tag along!

ETA: Spiny is two, going to be three April 29th. :heart3:

Last edited:
I went with my oldest that I've had... I hope that's right. I got him when I was 10 and he passed when I was 19. He was amazing.

I only had/have one hedgie and she just turned a year old.

We adopted Vette in July of 2006 and she was at least 6 months (closer to a year based on what the previous owner/rescue agency told us). At her very youngest, she's got to be around 4.

He was 9 when he passed. I was very lucky to have him. He's been gone 6 years. I miss read the question.

Was just thinking, and he may have actually been 8 and a half. It was after New Year when I got hom, my 11th birthday was in December, we found him finally March or May, and he was full grown, I was 19 when he passed. Barbarino. He used to like to escape and sleep with the dog.

Last edited:
I've yet to have one reach 6. I was willing Snow to but she didn't make it. Bandit at 5.5 seems perfectly healthy but that can change in an instant. Quillson and Truffles turn 5 in June.

Does someone really have a 9 year-old hedgie?
I know of one, Packie, that was born September 15, 1998 and the last I heard he was still alive and going strong.

Otherwise my oldest was my first and she died at 8 years. Most have lived to be 4.

Could be. I may not have been in the loop for that announcement. Hence the "last I heard."

sorry I can only prove 10 years. we were told she was 3. I know she was an adult and had a couple litters. Mom got her for me when I was going to turn 5 but we got her a little while before my birthday which is in april. I think it was in January when we got her. then when my birthday came mom suprised me with a huge cage and lots of stuff for her. mom also brought her to school so I could show all my kindergarden friends. I will be 15 this year.

Back