How much space...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Philogirl

do chinchillas take up in the house? I'm from the hedgie side... and my boys only take up about 8 square feet of my house. I've seen chins and they're much bigger than hedgies... and they're enclosures are pretty big.

I was curious how much house space those of you that have like 5 and even 25+ chins require to house them all.

I'm a chin mother to 5. My 5 babies take up quite a bit of space. If it's not their cages, it's their accessories and supplies which is why me and my boyfriend have been trying to find at least a 2 bedroom apartment in our price range that is pet friendly. One for us and one for the chins.
Right now, they take up I'd say...A 5'x10' section, cages only, probably a little more. Their chin station takes up about 3'x3', not including height in both measurements. It's too small at the moment, so some of their supplies are in boxes til I can get a shelf I arranged an exchange with to my friend delivered.
It's really just a matter of how big the cages are, how many you have, etc.

My six take up the better half of my room... Cages/supplies all total. They've even started encroaching into "my" territory. Extra dusters on the TV stand, etc. Lol

i have a 12 X 15..I think finished out in my garage that my chins live in... i can currently only house 130 animals.... lol.. so im working on finishing out the rest of the garage... kicking the cars out LOL.. ill have to build the cars a new house :D
But i just have breeder 2,3, and 4 holes

Back