How does it look?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winknfox

"Loving my chinchillas"
I got a sewing machine from Santa(my husband), so I made my first fleece liner. Its Barbie(for my girls). Does it look ok? Is there a good video that shows how to make these and other fleece items? I ended up making 6 liners, a hay bag and a hammock(I was bored). I've never sewed before, but I love giving my babies new things.

Attachments

• jan311 016.jpg
    jan311 016.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 66
i think it looks adorable!! and certainly better than my liners which are just huge pieces of fleece folding in half or thirds. i did cut them to fit their cage!! lol

i have all boys, so Barbie wont fly here............

I have Spiderman for the boys lol. I just ordered some more from Joann's too. Frogs and rainbows. I really want to learn to make the tubes and everything.

I think it looks pretty good!!! I dug my sewing machine out a couple weeks ago because I wanted to make stuff too, but I can't find the power cord! LOL!

the fleece tube liners are super easy. you just measure about twice the size of the tube, sew it inside out and and flip it inside. do a search, i know many people have posted info maybe even a video!

in our shop at work we have an upholstery division, so i gave one of the guys a liner and some material and he sewed them up in no time. did the same with hammocks! he put the grommots in and everything.
i was thinking of having them make me the "Real" fleece liners but i have to buy more fleee for that since i already cut everything to fit my cages.

There is a DIY thread with links to different projects stickied at the top of the housing section.

Thanks, I will check it out. I would like to get good at it and make some for Secret Santa gifts next Christmas.

Back