~How can I tell them apart?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~SG~

Orchestrating Chaos
I have 2 standard gray chins. I can tell them apart easily by personality but how can I tell them apart in pictures?
:hmm:
Once I have taken the pics and wait a day I can't remember which is who :wacko:

My poor kids stay confused too. One cage is larger then the other so I swap cages from time to time and if I swap the kids can't tell who is who tell I tell them. Any suggestions on how to be able to tell them apart?

Markers fade even after a day. Trimming the very tip of the tail so its flat will last months if not more. The chin won't mind have a flattened tail.

Agreed as soon as the chin has a few dust baths, the maker will be gone.

Trimming the tail FUR is fine. Becareful that you don't accidentally cut the actual tail itself.

I tag an ear i I have more than one too similar maybe a breeder near you would tag one for you. I am also going to buy a rabbit tattoo set but I can only do that to their ear after I have finished showing them

I tried the marker thing but that is almost gone after yesterdays dust bath. I'll trim the tail of one when I let them out later today, just not decided yet who to trim..............

I've a friend that breeds rabbits, he tatt's the ears so he can tell them apart. As a last resort I may go that route.

Hopefully I don't need something so permanent. I'm getting cage mates for each from Tunes later this month. So if after the quarantine period the intro's go well I'll have them with cage mates who are different colors and we will know Luvins is rooming with the mosaics and Miscu is with the beige boy ;) Hopefully!

Back