Hi, I'm New Here (:

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dayofhope

Hi, my name is Ellie and I own one chinchilla. I've had her for a little longer than a year. I can't say I've been the best owner...I haven't done anything bad or anything, I'm just not always the most attentive to her...which I'm hoping to change, with the help of CnH :) She chews her fur and sometimes the bathroom walls...how can I stop this? Anyway, thanks in advance :dance3:

Hi Ellie,
you won't be able to get her to stop chewing the bathroom walls. Chins are chewers! Post your fur chewing question in healthy and hygiene and I'm sure you'll have some advice from other owners who have had this problem.

Welcome!

Hi Ellie! Can't wait to meet your chin! They are horrible chewers, and my chin has been kicked out of the bathroom, lol. She has a playpen attached to her cage so she always has a safe environment to go into when she is out of her cage. I got tired of the damage she was doing to my house!!! lol Hopefully you'll find an answer to her fur chewing. Good luck!

:wave: Hi

You may have to invest in a play pen or just accept that your walls will no longer be perfect - chins are major chew monsters & take great delight in chewing anything they can get. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone :)
I'm okay with it, I was just not sure if it was safe or not for her to be chewing it

Back