Hi Everyone!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinchillaSweetie

Hi! I never got around to the introduction part! Jumped right away to thread about a question regarding fur chewing instead. Anyways, I am Magan; I have a one and a half year old White Mosaic Female, Lola. :chin5: She’s my darling, I love her to death. If there’s any breeders that are selling Oxbow Pellets or Blue Cloud dust from Florida let me know. (I currently have a full supply of Oxbow, just for the future). Speaking of Oxbow, is it safe for the chins? I currently had her on Mazuri, then I was reading some articles and looking up some of the ingredients and realized some of the stuff that’s in it is used to make glass, pesticides and other “weird” items. So after I came across that, I switched her to Oxbow, but after looking up some of their ingredients, it has some of the same weird things. I purchase the Oxbow pellets from the Petsmart, is there a difference between those and the pellets you can purchase from a breeder? (I was just curious, I know Mazuri and Oxbow are highly recommended pellets, so I figured either one would have to be a good choice. The ingredient list just confuses me :banghead:)

Mazuri or Oxbow are both great! The only problem from a pet store is that you are going to pay more and you can not be sure how fresh they are.

As for weird things on the ingredient list- take it from a chemist- just because they are ingredients in weird things do not mean they make it bad. Salt is made from sodium and chlorine- both of which will kill you by themselves. I looked at the list and most of the weird ingredients are salts and stuff like that that they need in trace amounts.

Mazuri or Oxbow are both great! The only problem from a pet store is that you are going to pay more and you can not be sure how fresh they are.

As for weird things on the ingredient list- take it from a chemist- just because they are ingredients in weird things do not mean they make it bad. Salt is made from sodium and chlorine- both of which will kill you by themselves. I looked at the list and most of the weird ingredients are salts and stuff like that that they need in trace amounts.

Thanks! I just found it weird the ingredients in things, it's like "why would they use that if it says it's for this". Then again, half the stuff we eat has random names listed as well. Yeah, I paid like $18.00 ( including tax ) for a 5lb bag. I noticed a lot of the breeders sell it cheaper, so I am going with that next time! Thank-You!

Back