Help.Chinchilla chewing trim and baby gate?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shubbles

Did someone say woood?
My chinchilla keeps chewing the wood door and the wood trim of my room where I let him out. He has plenty of wood and toys to chew on, but he persists. He also chews on the plastic baby gate that I use to block him from roing to the rest of the house. Any idea on how to stop this? Is there a spray that I can put on stuff to deter him?

i would line the walls with cardboard. broken down boxes laid flat on the wall with a bit of tape to hold them up should work. make sure the tape is only on the wall side of the cardboard and nowhere your chin can get at it. a couple feet up the wall should be plenty enough.

as for the baby gate, same thing, line it with cardboard to keep little chinny teeth away from the plastic.

with my boys, when they are out playing and seem to think the baseboards are yummy, i shoo them away and keep interacting with them until they figure mommy is too much of a pain in the tookus if they keep trying to go back, lol.

get used to it'

Basic rule that my chins tought.. if its within reach of their mouths... its fair game for chewin'

Cardboard, as listed above, is a good option if it works for your chins. Mine unfortionitly will eat the cardboard untill they can get to what its blocking.
I was recomended a spay call Fooey (or something like that). I would have been better off putting a scare-crow in front of the wall. All 5 of mine could care less about that spray.

Only options realy (that iv found) are cover it, or remove it from their area so they cant get to it.

I agree. Chins are going to chew and most of the time you can't stop them. Sprays don't work. In fact, my chins love the taste of 'bitter apple' (one of the sprays). Stopped using them a long time ago

Back