Hello!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessla

I just realized that I never introduced myself, so here I go!

I live in the Boston area with my husband and two female chins! One is a black velvet (Bebe), and the other is a beige (Bella). Unfortunately, they hate each other, so they live in separate cages.

I started out being a chin owner in 2008, when I received a standard grey chin as a birthday present from a few friends, that they found on Craigslist. She seemed lonely in a cage by herself, so I later on found Bella from a very nice owner who couldn't take care of her anymore due to her living situation.

Then, during the summer of 2009, I found Bebe at a pet shelter. She was absolutely adorable, so I had to take her in! My husband's and my idea was to hopefully bond her to Bella and Chinny, but it did not end up working out.

Then, recently, Chinny passed away due to an infection :(. We were very optimistic when she had the infection removed and got stitched up, but she didn't make it. This was probably the most heartbreaking thing that had ever happened :(.

So now we live with our two baby girls, and there's no talks of more. I posted some pictures of them in my album.

Back