Hello - just joined!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwbug22

Hello - just found this forum browsing around on google and thought I'd sign up!

I just got a chinchilla, from a co worker who had her from a neighbor but she was allergic to her so I took her. I think she is around 5 years old. But i have had her for around 2 months now, and she is becoming comfortable with me pretty well so far.

Ive always wanted one, since my hedgehog passed away last year at around 5years old. I also have had a sugar glider too.

heres some pics of her!
photo-15_zpsc232caae.jpg

photo2-1_zps40ccef88.jpg

photo1_zpsb1c960e5.jpg

Welcome!! Your Chin is such a beauty! But yes I agree with the response above trade the plastic for wood. Plus you can definitely customize your cage more with wood like making a bridge (working on that for my Tofu). Make sure you only use chin-safe wood =) Again welcome and thanks for sharing pix of her!

Welcome. She's a little cutie! What's her name?

Thank you. Her name is Daisy

Welcome!! Your Chin is such a beauty! But yes I agree with the response above trade the plastic for wood. Plus you can definitely customize your cage more with wood like making a bridge (working on that for my Tofu). Make sure you only use chin-safe wood =) Again welcome and thanks for sharing pix of her!

thanks. I plan on to build some wood platforms. Thanks for the link above!, and add some stuff. possibly look into a bigger cage in the future but short on funds at the moment.

What is chin safe wood? Also any good items/toys/sleeping areas to put in the cage?

Back