Hello, im new here, just joined today. Wanted to say howdy.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ikes_Dad

Several years back my ex. stumbled upon this site and I figured I would check it out again. Looks like it has a new name, but I am assuming this used to be the Chins & Quills site.

My name is Leo and I am the proud papa of Ike, (its a she) I thought it was a boy when I bought her many moons ago. She has just turned 11 years old this October. Ike was an anniversary gift that I ended up taking back and caring for myself because her living conditions were not ideal. (no room to run and play) Inevitably she stayed with me forever and I could not be happier.

At one time I had a second chin, but she lasted only a few months and died unexpectedly. It was the only chin that Ike really got along with, that was at least 6 years ago.

Ike strongly dislikes other chins and loves the attention of people. She was almost immediately tame and hops into your hands as soon as you open the cage door. When I worked nights she changed her sleep habits (or so it seemed!) and when i was up, she was up. She loves sitting in my lap and watching Tv; Especially sports (Go figure)

Knock on wood, for 11 years old she is still quite spry and mischevious. After learning any and all places she could hide in the house I chinchilla proofed the hall and kitchen and she has the run of the place until she gets tuckered out, whereupon she takes a nap under my hallway bookcase. I usually sit on the floor in the hall and she runs all over me. When she's ready to go away she hops up into my lap and we scoot back to her cage for a treat.

her favorite treats are uncooked pasta, raisins, craisins and dried dates.

Thats that for now!
Cheers
Leo

Attachments

• ikenoodle.jpg
    ikenoodle.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 18
:wave: hello and welcome to CnH.

Ike looks like a bundle of mischief :heart:

Back