Hello Everyone!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pleiades

Manipulated by the Cute
My name is Emily, and I was a member of CnQ, but I didn't really post very much at all. I have two boys: an almost-6yr old Tan, Max, and a 2.5yr old (I think, I'll have to get out his papers) Standard named Osker.

Somewhere down the road I plan to get a third chin, but it could be quite a while. I'd like to get Max and Osker bonded and living in one cage first. They seem to like each other through the bars (no kacking, they snuggle), but not in a neutral play space, so there are some [dominance/territory] issues to work out.

Anyway, here they are!

Max:
ndtoax.jpg

2nv402e.jpg

The flash really washes him out, I'm not sure if he is a medium or dark tan.

dqofv5.jpg

Osker:
ve9m6c.jpg

6edego.jpg

Well, I look forward to talking chinchillas with you all!

Welcome!!! You're a fantastic photographer! Your babies are gorgeous also :)) Can't wait to see some more photos of them

Great pics, I love the nose swipe! We love pics here, can't get enough!

Hi and welcome! You have 2 beautiful furbabies!!! I agree with the others that they are great pics, but I especially like the pic of Osker who is sitting in such a big box of hay! Too cute. And his nose swipe pic looks like he is actually sucking his "thumb". Keep taking pics! You capture great moments :)

Wow. Those are the best chinnie photos I have seen outside of a photo box. I love the first one. It shows that little mischievous chin expression perfectly. I'm waiting to hear what kind of camera you use.

What kind of camera do you shoot with? Amazing pics.

Thanks everyone! :)

I'm shooting with a Nikon D80, with a hotshoe-mounted SB-600. Most of those photos were taken with the Tokina 100mm f/2.8 which is a macro lens, but works great for portraits as well. Some of them might have been made with a 50mm f/1.8 prime though, I'd have to go look.

I'm actually a semi-pro/ freelance photographer though, so I consider my chinchilla photos kind of spruced-up snapshots :chin3:. I have a lot of more serious work online, and also run a photo blog. I don't want to linkspam any of you guys, but if you're interested most of my photography is here:

M45
C. Wade Photography

I just want to say you all have been very welcoming! :grouphug:

:wow: great pics! I am in :love: with your Max, that 2nd pic is just so cute and Osker is just adorable. Welcome to the forum!

Back