Hello all...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tish1207

Hello all... My name is Tish & I live in Kissimmee Florida. I live with my hubby and 2 children. We have a large lab/husky mix dog (Angel), 2 cats (Zack & Fritz), 2 hamsters (Peanut butter & Jaz), 2 rabbits (Simba, a lions head & Minnie, a Netherland Dwarf) and 2 chinchillas(Chi chi & Sasha)! I recently rescued Sasha and she might be pregnant. So we are waiting to see... :)

Hello to you both also... And thank you for welcoming me!!
I was at another forum trying to get information on the pregnant chin I rescued, but they strongly discourage breeding. I guess that since I 'rescued' a pregnant chin, it is still considered breeding, so they got mad for me asking questions ~ am I going to get bashed here for that??:hmm:

Just so you all know, I am not a breeder, nor do I want to breed . I just rescued a possibly pregnant chin... but both of my chins are girls ...
(wanted to clarify that :wink2:

I would recommend that you comb through the breeding section. Pay close attention to the breeding FAQ section of the forum. There is a lot of great information in there to get you started with preparing for baby and what to watch for with mom.

Start preparing your chinnie's cage for the baby. Not all cages are baby friendly.

Ask your questions, but also remember that someone may ask questions as if you were intentionally breeding, just kindly remind them that she's a rescue.

ETA: forgot to say... Welcome to the forum.

You rescued a chin, why would you get bashed for that? :) I'm just hoping she isn't preggo, but if she is, you should definitely be prepared.

Welcome to CnH. :)

Nope, many folks have had to deal with these little surprises in their rescues, sadly, through no fault of their own. As Kalandra suggested, read through the pregnancy related stuff to get as much info as you can, then feel free to ask any questions you need to.

Welcome! I think you will love this forum, there are a lot of knowledgable chin owners here! Questions are great, it's the only way to learn!

Thank you to all of you. I was told that I need to wrap my cage with something to prevent the babies from escaping.. what do you use? I would like to pick it up and have it in case i need it. If not,then after I would return it....lol... can never be too prepared!!

Back