Hedgie Nicknames

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlbertaGirl

Expert Wheel Scrubber
Over on the chin side they have a thread of cute nicknames people have for their chinnies, and I thought we could have the same for our hedgies. I'll start:

Ronnie: Ronnie Bonnie, Ronnie Balboa (because she always comes out swinging), Chicken Nugget

Phoebe: Phoebe Beebe, Phooboo, Sugar Buns

What cute nicknames do you have for your hedgies??? :heart3:

I have the two Mr.'s Huffy-Butt (We're quilling here)

Mr. Cranky Pants= Cranky butt
Mr. Fluffy Cakes= Fluffy
Sadie= Princess Sophia
3 babies with no names yet! Pics to come soon so you can help!

Aero- My Sweet Baby Boy
Rosa Parks- Rosa(for short) Rosy Greer (So HM remember he is a he)
Needler- Grumpy gills
Cavalier- Cavs
Honey- Sweetie
Thorne- Poppa

Angel = kutu, kutumon, kumon, minimon (kutu means flea, mon = monster LOL)

Barley = barley girl,silly bean , poop eater ( she cleans her own poop boots off, i cant even give her foot baths to prevent this because she does it directly after running! )

Nuance: Nu, Little Girl, Nooey
Fray: Fraby (like baby), Huffles McGee, Fray-Fray

Kiah is our frosty lil cinnapunk (since he's something like a cinnamon snowflake?), my bubby, Algerian punk, grumpy butt, and stinky.

We do love him, I promise :D

I usually give strange nicknames to my hedgies, most are typically based the same way and generalized. Only a few by specific names. Some morph into others.

I may start calling my hedgies strange stuff like hedgie biscuit, and then later morph to hedgie biscotti, or biscuit buddy, lol!!! Don't ask...

Others were hedgie veggie, hedgie wedgie, hedge-a-ma-vedge, etc.

I have always called Fidget Fidge. I've found that she actually comes to me when I call her Love. It's so precious. She always looks up at me like "What? You called me..."

I usually give strange nicknames to my hedgies, most are typically based the same way and generalized. Only a few by specific names. Some morph into others.

I may start calling my hedgies strange stuff like hedgie biscuit, and then later morph to hedgie biscotti, or biscuit buddy, lol!!! Don't ask...

Others were hedgie veggie, hedgie wedgie, hedge-a-ma-vedge, etc.

Spike is my "snugglebunny" and Jack is my "wiggleworm." These are words my mother gave my sister and me when we were kids...

Otherwise... hedgemongrels...

Satin Mirranda Hufflepuff: poop-a-looper, poop-a-loop, hedgie, hedge, hedge-a-ma-hog, hog-a-log, hufflepuff, lil huffer, Little Miss Hufflepuff, hedgie-girl, baby girl, baby

Sometimes I call Spiny "boogie" or "boog"
(So that "boogie boogie hedgehog" song was sooo made for him!)

OT: Anyone have a link to that Boogie song? I really want to hear it again!

Kipper: Kip-Kip, turtle (in recognition of his Nancy-hat addiction)
Hector: Meatball, White lightning
Miss Annabelle Oswald: Annie (she hates that, she is a very dignified lady and does not believe in nick names for ladies).

Back