Hedgehog silicone mold

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacotac

I saw this hedgehog silicone soap mold I want to get that I have been eyeing for quite some time. I wouldn't mind taking a stab at making soap, but....I have been wondering if I could use this mold for making chocolates as well. I wonder if any of you know if a silicone mold would be safe to use for making chocolates, or would it be a bad idea??

Thanks!

file_2_18.jpg

THAT is adorable! I would think that silicone molds would be fine for making chocolate and baking things. I once made chin-cookies and some of the instructions suggested using silicone as the baking sheet. I think it also suggested using molds too. I can't remember cuz I just kinda winged it.

Hopefully someone else has more experience with using silicone.

Yeah, I didn't think there would be anything wrong, but didn't know and looked it up online and I got results saying to use food safe silicone, which kinda of threw up red flags to me, making me think maybe there is silicone not food safe? But I finally found that someone else posted the question and said it would be fine as long as you didn't use it previously for making candles or soap, which may make the chocolate taste bad. Silicone I guess is to make it so that whatever you make doesn't stick to the mold itself, etc.

Back