Heating Pads for Hedgies?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emzy08

i have two guys, in separate cages. its starting to get hot outside, meaning its getting colder inside. i've only had them since january, so i haven't had to deal with them getting cold inside.

they are on fleece liners. so can i just put a heating pad under the liner? and can it be any heating pad?

thanks!

The heating pad typically goes under the cage. You don't want it in the cage where it can get wet from spilled water or the hedgehog can dig at it. As for type, you will need one that does not have an automatic turn off. It seems like more and more heating pads are now coming with that option by default.

However, the ambient room temp should be no lower than 72 degrees, heating pads under a corner of the cage are fine so that the hedgehog can get up against it or away from it if the hedgehog wants a little extra warmth.

well the plastic bottom of the cage is pretty thick so i don't think the warmth would go through. and the blind guy really isn't a digger-- he just walks into his igloo and is happy. the one i was considering said it could be moist/dry. and i was thinking cage bottom-heatingpad-fleece, and then his other piece of fleece..

Back