Heat wave - 59 +

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my Environmental Science class we are talking about global warming and the weather today. Scary stuff... if you havent seen it, you should all watch "The Inconvenient Truth"
I have my B.S. in Earth & Environmental Science and I had an absolute and total BLAST getting my degree. We constantly talked about current events, books, movies, etc. Anything that had to do with our earth, we talked about it. We had a good ol' time ripping apart the movie: The Day After Tomorrow. LOL :rofl:

Oh, and 59 degrees is very much winter to ME! Then again, I'm in sunny Southern California. :D We are thinking about getting out our heating blankets since its cold. hahaha :thumbsup:

I'm with Carise...it was beautiful yesterday and the day before...but then we got tons of rain and it's getting colder. Mother Nature is such a tease!!

And then there's the wise guy in "Bright, Sunny, California" that has to rub in our weather! Keep the fog and earthquakes - I'll take cold, snow and 4 seasons! hahaha

And then there's the wise guy in "Bright, Sunny, California" that has to rub in our weather! Keep the fog and earthquakes - I'll take cold, snow and 4 seasons! hahaha

Amen Rick.

It was 67 according to my car's thermometer when I got home at 5:30. I was surprised to not need a jacket. It was wonderful.

I, for one, am happy for a bit of warmth after our cold winter. Actually, I should say, it's a typical Wisconsin winter. It'll get cold again, I'm not concerned about the warmth staying or any foolishness like that.

Anybody who is worried about "global warming" is more than welcome to come and pay for my heating bills during the winter. I have plastic on my windows, keep my curtains pulled, plenty of insulation, a new furnace, I keep my heat set at 64. We wander around with long underwear and I sleep with sweatpants, thermal nightgown, and 4 quilts on my bed and my WPS bill is still over $300/month. We had wind chills near -50 in January. Actual temps at -10 in December.

I was reading this blog on our local weather station:

"There has been seven years in recorded history where we went an entire month with out getting 32 degrees or greater. Those years were 1994, 1982, 1978, 1979, 1971, 1945, 1940. The last one, 1994, the highest it made it to was 30 on the 1st of the month. From the 13th to the 21st of that year the low dropped to 20 below or colder each night. And during those days the high never made it above 0. So it has been 15 years since the last time a January thaw has not happened!"

Also reading back in a blog about how we have had cooler temperatures:
"This was the second time this decade that we did not officially hit 90 degrees. Looking back through the record books it seems this happens less than once a decade on average so to have 2 years without 90 degrees since 2000 is a little unusual. It was one of the coldest years in recent memory. Nearly 2 degrees below normal is quite significant."

I think Al Gore should come hang out at my house for awhile.

Back