Hay Splinter?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurilla22

About 2 days ago I was reaching into the hay bag and felt a sharp pain in my finger to find something was stuck in it. I'm assuming it was a piece of hay of course. And I can't get the darn thing out. Has this happened to anyone else?

Not yet, but my day will probably come! I have however got a prickly splinter from crushing a rose hip in my fingers!!

I've had the same thing happen, the worst one being one that jammed itself under my fingernail and then broke off so I couldn't pull it out. I actually had to wait for my nails to grow longer and push it out that way.

When it's just in the skin, it's irritating for a few days but eventually it will work it's way out.

Here's a little trick I can pass on.Put some Elmer's glue over the whole area.Let the glue completely dry.Leave it on overnight.Then the next morninig quickly snatch the dried glue skin off(I have even used super glue)and hopefully the splinter will pull out with the glue.

Haha I just wanted to make sure i was not the only one who had this problem. Ill try that glue trick, im just worried it wont come out because its on my dominant hand and i feel like i pushed it further in.

i dont recall ever getting on from the hay.. (i will later tho since i said that) But i often get it form the bags of compacted aspen litter. Always jams up and under my finger nail. ><

Back