Hay ball

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5melrose5

Has any one ever used a hay ball to put hay in? Someone gave me a small one. I wanted to check around before using it though.I have heard they are not safe for kits, I don't have any though.

I have used one for a year or so and liked it and had no safety issues with it. Now i have a wooden hay rack for them, though. Many people consider them unsafe but mine were high enough I felt they wouldn't get a leg stuck. That's my opinion and experience.

I've been using one in chinnies' old cage and it worked fine with no problem, I love to watch them batting/turning the ball trying to get hay out. I'm still using the same one for the girls now, I tried the clay pot for them first, but little Totoro will pull all the hay out and sleep in there... this hay ball I can hang it up higher, so there's no way they can perch on it and soil the hay. Now Totoro will just popcorn over, grab a hay and hop away, up to no good somewhere else..LOL~

Back