has your chin ever slept on his/her side?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bianca

hi, my chinchi, bounce, was sleeping on his side yesturday night. i went downstairs though and he woke up and was acting totally fine, with lots of energy.

is this normal, or is there somethingto worry about?

It took our chins 2-3 months of being with us for them to get comfortable with laying on their sides in front of us. If you haven't had your chin for too long then they might just be warming up to you? Now my Lily will let me open the cage door and scratch her with out even opening her eyes =)

That means that they feel safe and comfortable in their surroundings.

It's a great feeling when you see them do it for the first time!!! :hearts:

my two girls do it all the time, esp. after playtime. As long as the chin moves around when you come near and are alert then I wouldn't worry. One of mine even lifts two or more legs in the air when she's in a deep sleep, it's kind of funny. :)

The first time you see it, it can be heart-stopping!! Even now, if I'm just walking by, I stop and check, but usually get that "what's wrong?" look! Funny critters!!

im glad to hear they do it when they feel safe! my chin has done that since day 1 and mines a rescue who was nervous with everybody!

Back