has anyone considered something like this for chins?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinnyMom

slave to Rhino and Guss
hey all,

i've been thinking about something i could make for Rhino that would be fun for either playtime, or perhaps to even go in his cage (4 feet tall). i've seen some pretty snazzy cat tree/condo things, like these: http://www.squidoo.com/gopetclub-cat-tree-condo and was thinking i could build one with kd pine, maybe cover some areas with fleece, and put hooks in various places for hanging toys. what do y'all think?

Chin towers! This is a favorite item they never got tired of, I change the boxes and toys all the time and they still after a year think its fun.

riv2.jpg

My boyfriend and I have considered something like this. It would be really cool and chins would love it!!! Go for it!

I've used a cat tree for chins in the past :))

i almost bought a cat tree/condo a little while back for playtime, but didn't know if the sisal on it was treated with anything, and was thinking Rhino would chew the heck out of the faux fur. it was soooooo soft though!

i think when i pick up the wood and hardware for Rhino's cage bottom/base i'll get an extra board or two to make this. may not be as elaborate as the cat tree ones, but it'll be neat - plan to have a tube, a house/box, and at least 4 levels on it.

I love the wine rack idea. very cool. awesome job!

so Dawn......this whole room is chin proofed? or just one area. i love how you have the chin spin attached. that is exactly what i want to do.

i am going to have my sweetie take a look at this and see what he can do.

Dawn - Sugar Ray wants to know if your playground is handicap accessible? If so, he wants to come to your place for a playdate!:thumbsup:

I would love something like that. I've looked at cat trees but on-line it's hard to figure out whick ones do not have carpet etc on them. I would build something but I think I'll end up divorced the next time I start a whole project for my fuzzers. There's too much that needs to get done around the house ebfore I can justify the time on pet building :(

I just got a jigsaw and sander and this is absolutely on my list as soon as we move next! Did you see the size of some of the cat towers? They take up half a room! I can see me building it all now! bwhahahahahaha

Chinsey World

Dawn! Wow, that looks like so much fun! I bet your chins think they've hit Nirvana. :) Is that one of those prefab chinchilla mazes on the top there? Would you recomend one of those?

Rhino's slave: Oooo.... that is a great idea. I think Rhino wants one. Go for it! Post pictures!

Hmmm... Barnaby and Hugo probably want play equipment too. I may have to become build stuff girl. My dining room is already resembles ChinCity with their cages doubling as skyscrapers. A Chin Tower would complete the invasion.

Lu

Last edited:
Back