GRRRR upsetting email from potential breeder

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ETC

HOME OF EXTREME MOSAICS!
I received this email yesterday. It surely shows how some people take breeding very lightly without knowing ANYTHING about chinchillas.

This is what she wrote me:

Hello I just saw your web page and I would love to purchase Panda and Ywing (forget the spelling) I'm looking for a friendly hand raised pair to casually breed. I used to breed chinchillas, bunnies, gineau pigs and cats amoung others. Please let me know if you woulbe ineresred
First of all, Panda and Ying are NOT for sale and never will be. They are two of my favourite extreme mosaics. Secondly they are both WHITE. (lethal factor) and CASUALLY BREED???? ugghhhhhh

She should get the hint now that you are not a fan of her idea! Let's hope any other breeders would cut her off as quickly as you did!!

Yes she called my mosaics "dalmation chinchillas" and it must be a new breed, lol
Just because they have black and white on them, lol

Omg how can you casually breed, i know nothing about breeding and wouldnt think of it.

Why not offer "shares" of chinchillas to buyers like this? They can get all the cute momma/baby photos they want for a fee and feel part of the great big world of breeding. AND get free membership to CnH totally free of charge! ;)

"Why yes, my dalmation chinchillas are very rare and cost over $1,000 each but only sponsorship is available at the moment. Become a sponsor of this unique animal today!

Since the paring you suggested would cause severe health complications with their offspring, I will be keeping them in my own breeding program and send photos of their offspring... that they produce with the correct pairings I have them in. Please send paypal payment to [email protected] and you will in turn receive monthly photos to enjoy of your sponsored chinchilla."

People like this will find a pair of chinchillas and will breed, Sadly it is just what happens. Someone will sell to them. All you can do is hope for the best and not let it get to you. Unfortunatly the only person we can control is ourselves

Back