Grips bar with teeth and runs head up and down

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SookiFace1

My 5 month old girl Sensi began doing something tonight I have never heard of or seen from my 1 year old Sookie. As I type she has her head tiltled side ways, teeth gripping the bar of her cage, and is running her head up and down the vertical bar. I dont know if this is a quirky thing chinchillas do or should I stop her?

Chances are that she is just trying to get attention...rotten little furballs will do just about anything for attention!

Haha only my Waldobaldo does this. He's such a little ham! Yeah, attention is craved here. I'll usually try and ignore it or sometimes I'll give in and give a scritchy or two

ohh ok good! I can definitely handle attention antics! My paranoid brain for some reason went to all types of horrible scenarios.. :duh:

Thank You Guys For Your Reply! :)

When i have to clean the playpen attachment to my girl's cage she gets her cage door closed and gets annoyed with the fact that she can't come out of it...that's when she starts with the teeth on the vertical bars and head up and down thing...i think it's her trying to get me to let her out of the cage and back in her playpen

Back