Greetings!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGSpikers

I am a new member, and was a former member of Chins and Quills quite a while ago. I'm a hedgehog rescuer and educator, an interest that grew out of the wolf rescue (Wolves Offered Life and friendship - W.O.L.F.) that I was involved with from 1995 to 2001. I administer the Flash and Thelma Memorial Hedgehog Rescue, Inc., founded in 1998 and separately incorporated in 1999. It is a charitable nonprofit corporation (IRS Section 501c(3)) and a Colorado nonprofit corporation. Over the years we have provided long term care for 316 hedgehogs and we currently have 49 hedgehogs in residence. Our capacity is 65 hedgehogs and our usual population is 40 to 50. We are a national rescue that takes in hedgehogs from all over the USA and our present residents are from Colorado (26), Texas (10), California (5), Wisconsin (5), and one each from Wyoming, Florida, and New Mexico.

Our Rescue is licensed by USDA as a Class C Exhibitir (84-C-0075) and by the State of Colorado as a Rescue and Shelter under the Colorado Pet Animal Care Facilities Act (#3190). We are also a member of the Colorado Federation of Animal Welfare Agencies.

I'm presently the Treasurer for the International Hedgehog Association (IHA) and am the list owner for Hedgehog_help, the IHA list-server on Yahoogroups. I am also a retired US Army officer that served for some third of a century, am a Vietnam combat veteran, and, for the last several decades have been a university professor (now in semi-retirement and teaching part time on the Internet). I'm a criminologist and my wife and I are both forensic scientists (and we are both 70 years old).

Best wishes, Z. G. Standing Bear

That's quite the introduction! You have been a very busy person who has done so much good! We welcome you here :)

Welcome! Gald to have you here--PLEASE feel free to pop into chat and talk some forensics with me any time! I am addicted to the forensics shows on TV and would love to know how it's really done!

Back