Greetings from the beach boys!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrightbrotherchins

kCPRuR2.jpg

This is our set up, a Ferret Nation model 182.

Y0SE1ah.jpg

The boys meeting face to face for the first time.

UqJLwhq.jpg

Ok that was nice, moving on now.

j08SRE9.jpg

Wilbur

PowMlJm.jpg

Orville

Aww, what cute guys :)

I noticed there are plastic igloos in their cage and not a lot of wooden ledges or anything. Plastic can cause major trouble for chins if/when they chew it. If you check out the thread for the Ferret Nation Club on this forum you might find some inspiring and amazing ways to optimize their cage without plastic!

you're right, it absolutely is. I plan build them gravity scatter guards this weekend. As well as some ledges. they have plenty of interesting new chews in the mean time.

My friend and I are making pan liner next weekend. I bought a ton of cute sets of fleece for each pan!! Can't wait to star that project.

Aw! They're adorable! I agree with hownowbrowncow, there are a lot of really easy and cheap ways to get away from the plastic! Check out the DIY page under housing and supplies :)

Thanks everyone!!!

Im pretty sure they are standard grey and hetero beige right??? I tried googling it but there's so many colors. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

you're right, it absolutely is. I plan build them gravity scatter guards this weekend. As well as some ledges. they have plenty of interesting new chews in the mean time.

My friend and I are making pan liner next weekend. I bought a ton of cute sets of fleece for each pan!! Can't wait to star that project.

That's awesome! I just reno'd my 2 storey FN over the past month and I'm loving the new look! I made fleece shelf covers to cover all the plastic pans, got fleece tubes and hammocks, a giant custom made kd pine house, flying saucer, wood and lava ledges, and sooooo many toys! The cages new occupants arrive on Wednesday and, providing they aren't fleece chewers, I'm sure they're going to love it! (I also realized that I spent more time and money on their chin cage than my own apartment XD)

Ok. That is, hands down, the cutest thing I have seen all day. So cute it's even silencing that little voice in my head that goes "is that a chin-safe crocodile?" because I'm too busy finding this adorable!

9AnA2bZ.jpg

Got rid of the plastic house. We are now 99.9% plastic free.

6qEbj4k.jpg

Orville on this new perch. We are planning to build wider ledges and corner units.

hr6gKJI.jpg

Wilbur stretching after a long nap.

qbMbQBk.jpg

Had to use all the zoom my camera could handle to catch the boys cuddling.

The crocodile I saw on either Petsmart, PETCO, Dr. Foster & Smith's website. It's originally for ferrets, but I never really thought of the chinchillas using it! Good to see they enjoy it too!

Taken from RDZC Ranch

"Fleece is a chinchilla approved material and many chinchillas enjoy hanging in hammocks. They can also be given fleece buddies or stuffed animals made from and stuffed with fleece. If a stuffed animal is given to a chinchilla it should have no beads and no eyes."

Seems good to me :)

Ohmygoodness those pictures are precious, love the cuddling one and I might have to hunt me down a crocodile ;)
Also, their cage is shaping up to look really spectacular! Your chins are lucky boys

Back