greasy hair on my little girl

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuppidsarrows

SO I recently rescued a little girl and she feels like she is greasy, Im not sure what the previous owners were using for dust but it really looked like beach sand. If it was beach sand could that pose a problem with her health? Also what should I do about her greasy hair I left her dust bath in there just because she doesnt look like she has had bath in days. Should I comb her or will the grease feeling go away with time?

I would give her dust baths, with dust, not sand, every day for about 4 days then cut back to a couple times a week. The greasiness should go away pretty quickly with some good dust baths.

I rescued 2 chins just like that, their "dust bath" was like playground sand. I'm sure your little girl does have mats and tangles with a greasy coat like that. Get some Blue Cloud dust (check the chin supplies for sale section here). Let her have a 5 min bath 2-3 times a week. I will take a while, but she'll slowly improve and be beautiful. Thank you for rescuing her.

I would let her dust frequently at first, maybe once a day for the first few days, and then cut back to make sure her skin doesn't get dried out. You may want to invest in a comb as well, if you don't already have one, as I would imagine she has some mats if she has been bathing in sand.

I let her dust a little last night and plan to put it in again for a few minutes tonight. She does have a lot of mats, so Im thinking that i will buy a comb for her. I felt so bad for her the lady who dropped her off just didnt seem to care about her it was so sad.

Back