GrapeVines

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen many different posts about how long to bake grapevine for and at what temperature. What is the actual temp and time it should be done at?

There are several ways of drying the grapevine by baking. Some people use a higher heat for a shorter amount of time while others prefer a lower heat and a longer time. I will generally bake mine for several hours depending on how thick the pieces are at 250 degrees.

Any wood, not just grape...is really a guessing game that only experience teaches well. Things that make a difference: how thick, how many layers high do you have it stacked, how wet was the wood when harvested...and even then, it's not an exact science. I HATE drying grape, in all of my experience it is probably THE hardest to get perfectly dry :( this is why I dry, dry and dry some more...probably baking mine much longer than anyone else. I wouldn't personally bake at over 250 degrees. I boil mine first so the baking isn't to kill...it's to dry. I dry at a lower temp for much MUCH longer times.

Back