got a new chin today from a rescue!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmo

IF ya haven't read my first thread, I got a bay 9 week old chin from a very bad situation. Good thing is, she is super nice and tame, comes right in your hand and LOVES being petted.
http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34725

Well I work with alot of local dog rescues, and mentioned I got my kid a chin, so needless to say, the next day my phone starts ringing for chin rescues:(, anyways after a few days I go to get a 10 week old baby chin. LOL, not quite 10 weeks old, or else my other chin is 3 weeks old, ;), But they love eachother and the new girl is slowly calming down. She's not that tame at all yet, but we're working on it;)
ad5106f7-f97a-9ef0.jpg

Last edited:
happy to hear that you were able to give another chin in need a home :))

but a full quarantine of the new chin should have happened, in a separate room for at least a month. the chance of disease passing between the chins, especially when background of the new chin is unknown or unfavourable, is a risk that should never be taken by skipping the quarantine.

since they are together already, keep a very close eye on both for any health problems. and any more new chins you bring home, the quarantine period is essential.

and have you double checked that both are female? with chins so young, it would be very bad for your white/beige female to get pregnant.

I agree with everything said above, but still want to congratulate you on your new addition! Have fun with the both of them!

thx, i'll read up on the QT procedure even thoughI'm pretty sure this will be my limit on chins, and they are both the same sex, about 99.9% sure of that;)

hold their rear ends off a table by holding the base of their tail, and snap a photo, then post it in this thread. we will be able to help you determine the sexes.

thanks but I'm 100% positive they are both girls and I'm trying to tame this new one, so I'm not real keen on manhandling her right now. Gonna let her settle in!

Thanks everyone. The first baby chin is doing great, super nice and tame, loves attention. The new girl, not so much, she's ok to be near, but is still pretty skittish, but we're working with her everyday. She seems healthy though;)

Back