Goodbye. I Will Not Be Returning To This Forum.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssalcedo

Not sure where to post this, so I am putting it here.

I want to thank all the nice people that have helped with my posts. I will not be returning to this forum due to a certain person that always has something to say that makes feel stupid, and makes me look bad. I will not say the name, but I have spoke to another member that is not happy with this person either.

I came on her for advice, not to have comments added that have nothing to do with my questions.

Who ever is in charge can terminate my account.

Please do not reply to this post, because I will not be returning to read it.

Thank you everyone that has been there to give me great advice.

Goodbye.

Last edited:
Was there a point to announcing this? You could have just sent a private message to any of the moderators or admins. Their names are color coordinated at the top and they are also noted in the members list.

You're letting one person's comments push you off of a forum full of great information, I feel sorry for your animals. They will benefit from the proper care learned from this site and their owner is just tossing it aside. Even if you choose not to post, the search engine can take you to posts that will answer most of the questions you have. Good luck to you and the chins.

She didn't even need to contact a member of staff Tab. If she doesn't want to be here, then don't be here. If she does, she does. <shrugs>

I'm assuming the "announcement" was for dramatic affect.

I think most people have a person or two they don't like....I have several I ignore it is silly and childish to run away from a great learning site..oh well their loss

How sad. She will be missing out on a lot of great info.

I just became a first time chin owner 2.5 months ago and words could not express how much I have learned from this site and how extremely helpful it has been to me. I check here every day, and every time I am unsure about something or have a question I have gotten really great responses. There will always be a person that rubs you the wrong way, not worth sacrificing all this helpful info for though.

It's kind of like life, if you don't like someone just ignore them, you can't always not come into contact with people you don't like. The world isn't full of happiness and people there to make you feel good.

The biggest fear, concern is who gave the great advice? Was it really from someone who knows chins and understands chins--I think long term members all know who they can trust and who really knows their stuff. Before I would listen any vet tell me something about chins I would listen to a few members on this forum--members I know who have been around and come across everything there is to about chins. Someone new who doesn't know as much as others giving advice is not always to the best person to listen to. I think if she was truly listening to who she should have she would not be leaving the forum.

It's a shame that another person could not see past their childish behavior and insecurities and listen to what's been offered as constructive criticism.

There are many of us who don't share the same views, we offere different opinions on things, but we are all still here on this forum, learning, sharing and growing together.

To give something like that up, is really the wrong decision IMO

I don't have any person whom I dislike. It's true that some comments hurt, but joy and lessons that I have received from this forum are priceless. I can't become a good chin mom without this forum. That's what I think. How can she miss out all these cute chin pictures that many of us pull up every day????

Last edited:
If you put a person on "Ignore" you won't see their posts, and it is a nice way to still enjoy a forum without his or her presence. Sometimes I wish real life had that option, but at least on forums we do!

Sad thing is a lot of people say this when they are told something they do not want to hear even if it is true. Honestly I looked back through the posts and never saw a place where this person was treated rudely

And another bites the dust, yea, another bites the dust...

Unfortunately there is a time in our lives where kindergarten ends and people don't always have to be really nice to everyone else... so is life.

While I hope you change your mind for the sake of your chins, not everyone can take biting criticism.

Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

Honestly I don't see hardly any meaness or drama here on this forum to invoke this thread, most everyone goes out of their way to be helpful and respectful. Don't see much going on with this OPs threads.

Neither does anyone else... I'm usually the trouble maker, because I don't sugar coat anything... and I don't even think I did it!

I didn't see anything. On a daily basis people are so much ruder and meaner to me about nearly everything (not on this forum, just in general)...almost something I've come to expect. So I don't get what this person is saying at all.

Sad for her chinnies. Unfortunately she couldn't suck it up and be an adult, it's life. people aren't going to lie to your face and be perfectly nice just because it will upset you if they're not. i hope her chinnies end up alright.

hopefully you have a change of heart and come back to the forum as a member. if you are unable to do that, than at least sign in as a guest to get the best information possible for your chinnies/

maybe your just having one of those days (i had one last week!)......everyone here is pretty busy with their own lives and taking care of families and pets that we wont even notice if you slip back in. ;)

don't leave.....as my friend says: put on your big girl panties, suck it up and come join the fun!

Think this way. No matter whatever the people might say here, they say it because they LOVE YOUR CHINS! We love all the chins in the world. Every single one of them in the world. They are your chins' side. They are your chins' protectors. You sould always feel good if you think the situation in this way.

Apparently someone saying a certain cage/ball isn't safe is rude now. :deadhorse2: That's the only thing I can conclude she is referring to.

I do hope you have a change of heart, but at the same time I hope you realize that no one has anything against you, they are just stating what is true. Unfortunately the truth does sometimes hurt. That hardly means they are being rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back