Glee

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I think last night's episode was a snoozer too. The only bright part was Kurt. I'm not so sure I trust that Warbler guy- can't remember his name- though. Not sure why. He kept telling Kurt it was all about the team, and then he was the one that got the solo.

I thought last night's ep was okay, but I thought the Warblers were awful... at least going by how good their version of Teenage Dream was. They sounded... tinny. I thought the Gleeks' performances were good, but again, thought Dog Days Are Over at the end was better.

P.S. Don't much care for Santana's personality either, although really she hasn't gotten much air time to show it as compared to Rachel. But she is hot.

Last edited:
I've never liked Santana, and tbh, while I pulled for Quinn during the family baby drama, I don't like her either. Rachel and Mercedes have more of those "I'm human, just a teenager" moments that make them more likeable... but Rachel is annoying as heck (which makes her a good character imo). About the nicest thing I've ever seen Santana do was shut Rachel up 2 episodes ago during Kurt's goodbye speech. I watch it mostly for Artie and Puck, and the Shu/Emma storyline, which they totally derailed yesterday.

I wish I could figure out what these writers are thinking when they go from Gem to Flop week by week.

She was pretty much the only redeeming part of this last episode. Again, I copiously administered the fast forward button.

I love Glee, but must agree last episode wasn't the best. Kinda a 'normal' Christmas special no twists, everything went as expected...

Meh episode. Cutesy, somewhat cliche (is there a show out there that HASN'T parodied the Grinch at Christmas?), but I do love that Coach Biest had the guts to do what she did. I teared up a little while she talked to Brittany, having been one of those children she talked about.

I didn't love this ep, but I didn't think it was a stinker either. The parts with Bieste were touching, I thought Sue and Becky as the Grinch and Max was funny. Britney still believing in Santa Claus was believable, and the others trying to keep that belief alive was enough to get a story going to carry the ep.

I guess I don't have the high expectations for this show that others do. I see it as an hour-long sitcom, not a plot-driven drama. The Never Been Kissed episode was a notable exception to that, so much so that I think I'm going to look and see if that ep was written by a different writer. But I still don't hope for more than a few good songs and some corny jokes. My biggest peeve, as was the case with the Christmas ep, is that they are not fitting some of the songs into the story as well as they did the first season.

I don't think Time of My Life should be in the top 60, let alone the top 15. That song and it's singers positively sucked. The only thing it made me want to do was hit mute, which, BTW, I did.

I LOVED when they performed at the wedding. I would have moved that much higher up on the list. You could not possibly watch that performance and do it without a big smile on your face.

I was not a huge fan of Forget You. I thought it was forgettable. I don't think she has the "chops" to be a big time singer. I think she thinks because she married one, she got talent through osmosis. I do think, however, that the singing in the rain performance should have made the list. I thought that was also one of the best numbers on Glee thus far, especially the dancing. I love watching Will dance. :)

I agree about "Time of My Life"; it was a boring number, and I think they only thought of dragging it out b/c of Jennifer Gray's win on "Dancing with the Stars".

Gweneth Paltrow honestly reminded me ability-wise of Madonna early in her career. Madonna was far more creative and boundary pushing in the 80s than pretty much any other solo female in the top of the charts, but as far as talent went, she had natural ability but not a lot of training to fine tune it. It was after "Evita" and some extensive vocal coaching that she really bloomed. I think, if she had lessons, Ms. Paltrow could do the same. (Will she? Not sure. It's a blow to the ego to take voice lessons after you've already got a "recording career" started. Some performers are confident and driven enough to do it. Some aren't.) It was an okay number for that show, but on the whole for the season it just wasn't that special. Hold it up next to "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" or anything from the Wedding and it's dull.

I've enjoyed parts, but some of it is just... bzuh? My Chemical Romance is kind of an odd ball song, and "Fat Bottomed Girls" was just in bad taste. I'm kinda surprised Lauren didn't just deck him for it. But I'd listen to Puck sing the phone book, so maybe there was a distraction factor there... Not sure where they're going with this Quinn/Finn/Sam thing either. Seems a little ooc on Finn's part.

just wanted to post it starts back up again on Tuesday (tomorrow)!
i'm very excited.
i'm very much so a Gleek :)

Back