general check up?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my chin for a few months now and she was 5 months old when I got her.

I havent taken her to the vet yet because I'm concerned about the cost because I'm just a college student and I dont work.

However, I know that my chin needs the best care and I love her and want to make sure she's healthy!

How much would a general check up cost? (Approximately)

I know some people take their chins in for a general check up, I don't see the point of the added stress if they are acting normal, (eating, drinking, pooping, and all that fun stuff) though I've also had chins since the mid 90s so I know what is normal. I've had my current 2 for around 4 years now and have yet to take them. That being said the cost to go to the vet varies a lot depending on where you live and where you go. The small town vet I went to when I was living in the states charged $70 just to see the exotic vet, cities might charge less, $30-$50. The best way to find out is to just call the vet you are planning to go to and ask. Also another thing to keep in mind since you are worried about cost just to see the vet is that an emergency can easily cost hundreds to thousands of dollars. It's a good idea to have money set aside for that.

I have to agree with Amethyst on this one: if she has no unusual symptoms, then I don't see any point in stressing her out with a vet visit :)

Back