Gaining Weight?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleynicol3

I was just wondering when my chin should stop gaining weight? He was born 4/23, which makes him a little over five months old. Here is his weight chart since I've had him...

7/10 - 343g
8/8 - 421g
8/17 - 452g
9/6 - 489g
9/23 - 518g
10/9 - 549g

Since he's still a baby, I know it's good that he's growing, but I was just wondering when his weight would start to level out so I don't freak out when I start to see that happen. I'm not really worried about him being overweight as he only gets Oxbow Timothy hay and Oxbow alfalfa pellets, so his food is healthy. I occasionally let him nibble one of those horse cookies or give him a rose hip if he's been exceptionally well-behaved during playtime, but he always eats all of his hay and pellets - he's a good eater (and a poop machine, lol).

They grow usually till around a yr to a yr and a hlaf old. Some lines, typically ebs, grow till they are 2. But each chin is different. As long as he isn't loosing weight don't worry.

just curious.... how do you weigh him?? I haven't been able to get mine to stay still on my kitchen scale, LOL!

Back