fur loss , help me plz T_T

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchilla_ks

he is eating and peep normally , running always around and play with me

he is always try to go out the cage at night , and i let him out and play 1 hour of day

and some time he itching and bite it , but it so littled

sieuthiNHANH201102023205mwvmmmmym21443731.jpeg

sieuthiNHANH201102023205yzlkzti5nm1931284.jpeg

sieuthiNHANH201102023205mduwnzvhnt1407600.jpeg

plz help me , im' so care he will die T_T

It just looks like furslip to me, nothing to worry about. It will grow back. Chinchillas will slip their fur when they get touched and feel threatened, it`s their escape mechanism.

Claudia

but he still have furslip , i didn't make him feel threatened , i can find little fur in the cage , my babe is normally or not ??? i'm care he will fur loss all T_T

first day i take him to my home , he has that patch , but now he's have more 3 little patch fur loss small look like poop

what's happen with my babe ?

Whether you think he feels threatened or not doesn't really matter. What matters is if HE feels threatened. A car horn can cause it, or a telephone ringing and startling him. No one can know what will set a chin off.

Is the fur short and choppy where it's missing, or is it just bald down to his skin? Also, in 2 of those pictures it looks like he has a hunchback. Is that just because of the way he's standing?

which picture ?? 2 pictures he's in the cage and eating
now i have more picture for this

that patch look like deep more than yesterday T_T
sieuthiNHANH201102023205zwrkmwu3od119994.jpeg

sieuthiNHANH201102023205nda0ymyxmw121143.jpeg

this picture i forgot post it at yesterday

sieuthiNHANH201102023205ytnizja3ot2147905.jpeg

and this picture is today , i ues my finger open for u easy to looking

sieuthiNHANH201102023205ogiwzgq2nz1542033.jpeg

sieuthiNHANH201102023205ogiwzgq2nz1542033.jpeg

im' always check him , he is good now and love me , jump to my shoulder and my hand , and 1 hour or 2 for everydays play time

that fur is not bald down to his skin , still have fur short u can see last 2 pictures

i cant find a good docter in my country , cause i need help , i believe everybody here , and i really need help cause i love my chinchill so much

If it is not bald, it could be that he is chewing his fur.

Do you give him plenty of hay to eat every day?

It looks like it could be fur chewing to me, my chinchilla does it all the time. Sometimes they need more toys to chew on in their cage so maybe try that?
Other times they just do it and there isn't much anybody can do about it. My chinchilla relentlessly chews his fur but he's healthy.

You chin looks fine to me, the only thing I could think of that would be a problem is a fungus, but if his skin isn't red and dry, I wouldn't worry.

yes he's eat every day

and i think it is not bald because i can see fur short in that patch , his skin isnt red and dry , could u tell me if he has fungus what do he will do , i'm now make sure he is dry or not cause i dont know how to check it , but 100% it isnt red

If there is short fur in the area, it probably is from fur chewing. Give him lots of things to chew. It might help to get him to stop. Otherwise there really is not anything you can do about. It will not make him sick.

could the fur chewing be starting due to stress from a new home. I would imagine with wood to chew and attention it could stop so I'd relax unless it got worse.

Back