Freaking out!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tams

While I was cooking breakfast my son was playing in the living room and watching T.V. After about 5 mins, I went to check on him and before I got to the room, I heard a "spraying" noise. He had gotten some hairspray (aerosol) and was spraying it all over the room (same room as the chins) and I just noticed that he had sprayed the side of one of the chins!! I know that aerosol anything is bad for chins, PLEASE tell me they are gonna be alright!!!!

You need to wash the chin if it has hairspray on it. You need to bath is in water with a gentle shampoo that is diluted, and dry it best you can with natural air or a blow drier on very low heat.

I'd be a lot less worried about the aerosol factor than the chin has hair spray on it issue. The chins should otherwise be fine, but I'd suggest you keep stuff like that up higher.

Good luck, I agree with Riven as well. Try to get them as dry as you can.

If its not on them badly, you can try a warm wet cloth and wash them just where their sprayed. If its bad then you may not have a choice but i would try to wet them as little as possible if at all possible just because they take so long to dry

best thing is to get it off the chin and hopefully use the least amount of water possible.

i have a six year old son so i know how it goes with them getting in the wrong stuff i hope this scare gets him to understand the dangers of doing something like this, try not to freak out on him too much....then again scaring the daylights out of him might get through to him as well. good luck hope everything works out.

Back